Auto-Provisioning OneNote?

We are considering adding a OneNote integration as a way for our team to share notes in Smartsheet Projects. Is anyone aware of a way of auto-provisioning OneNote notebooks when new sites are provisioned? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Answers

• I am not aware of how to make this happen but I want to follow if someone else is aware. I love this idea and it would help us tremendously at my organization if this was possible.

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Beth F, assuming that by "new sites" you mean SharePoint sites, one approach is to create a site template that includes the OneNote notebook, document libraries, lists, folders, and everything else. Project sites created with that template will include the notebook along with everything else.

Another approach is to use Power Automate. In the example below, I created a flow to monitor my emails. When an email arrives with "project number" in the subject line, the flow copies the notebook "zTest Notebook 1" (located in a different library) into the project's document library. You can use a Smartsheet alert to send the email.

Hope this helps!

• Beth F
    Beth F ✭✭

@Toufong Vang Thank you for taking the time to share this!