Index/Match Help

Hi - I have a sheet called "Source Data" which has a list of roles in Column A and the description of the Role in Column B.

In another sheet "Worksuite Requests" I want the description from the Source Data to pull in if the role name is a match.

I can't quite get the formula:

Tags:

Best Answer

• Ric T
    Ric T âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Answer âś“

Hi @JPFisher,

You're close! Try this formula (you'll need to manually reference the bolded parts):

=INDEX({Source Date Deliverables}, MATCH([Role Onboarding For:]@row, {Source Data Role}, 0))

Note that for {Source Date Deliverables} and {Source Data Role}, recommend selecting the column header in your source data, so that the entire column is highlighted. Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Cheers,

Ric

Answers

• Ric T
    Ric T âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Answer âś“

Hi @JPFisher,

You're close! Try this formula (you'll need to manually reference the bolded parts):

=INDEX({Source Date Deliverables}, MATCH([Role Onboarding For:]@row, {Source Data Role}, 0))

Note that for {Source Date Deliverables} and {Source Data Role}, recommend selecting the column header in your source data, so that the entire column is highlighted. Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Cheers,

Ric

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!