Dynamic View Contact List - Not showing all user names

Options
ker9
ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 01/29/24 in Smartsheet Basics

@Genevieve P. My understanding is that a Contact field in Dynamic View will show a list of all users in the plan, and typing a portion of the name will show options. (Other community questions support this understanding.)

Currently, it is not showing ALL users and typing a portion of the missing names does nothing.

Why are some people not showing in the contact list field?

The names do appear when looking at the sheet and adding a name to it.

(ETA: the missing users were added to our account on 10/31/23)

Thank you.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @ker9

A few things to check here 🙂

If the Contact Column has been restricted to a set list of users within the column properties, like so:

Then these will be the only values that appear in Dynamic View:

If the Contact Column has no values listed and no restrictions:

Then you're correct, you should see a list of the user's that are in your plan when you click on that Contact field in Dynamic View.

If some users aren't appearing, double check that they are members of your plan in the Admin Center (they can be licensed or unlicensed) versus just being a part of your personal contacts.

If none of this has helped, you may want to troubleshoot this in a private channel with Support so you can share those email addresses in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. - Thank you for confirming that it is not working as expected. I created a support ticket.

The sheets/views have been working for over a year and there are no restrictions on the contact field.

It appears to be related to a large group of new employees added at the same time - none of them are appearing in the Dynamic View contact dropdown, but they do appear on the sheet dropdown.

Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate your time.