Hiding user list from others

I have a scenario where we want to use Dynamic View for external people to access Smartsheet. However if we had them as a group anyone in our account can view them and its not just locked to Group Admin users only.

I found this link below for some instructions on how to hide a user list:

I can't seem to follow the instruction exactly and was hoping for assistance on how we can make this work .

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Answers

• Hi @Roshni Verappan

I'm unsure what that article is referring to as well. Our Smartsheet Help articles identify different account restrictions you can set up (see: Manage global account settings), however Smartsheet does not have an option called "User List Settings” to choose on the User Management tab.

Can you clarify exactly what you're looking to do? Would you be able to share your Dyanmic View based on Domain instead of specific email?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Roshni Verappan
    Roshni Verappan ✭✭✭✭

Hi Genevieve

We are wanting to use DV to share and get information from external users that are confidential and can not be seen in our Groups or are not part of our plan yet.

But when we add a new "Group" other licensed users in our plan are able to see the groups and the users within them.

I can look at sharing the Domain but how would you share the sheets to specific users then?

• Hi @Roshni Verappan

If you're on a Business or Enterprise plan, you can provide these external users with a Published view-only (or editable) link to your sheet. This will record the user as an anonymous, "Published" user.

Here's more information: Publish a sheet, report, or dashboard

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now