is there a way for non licensend users to generate documents?

We work with the option generate documents to issue product specs (preliminary and final). As long as the information is being completed on smartsheet, it will be very helpful if non licensed users could generate the pdf document (no need for mapping, it is already done). Is there a way for non licensed users to get the pdf document from smartsheet?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Claudia_BN,

While it currently not an option for non-licensed users to manually generate documents, have you considered using the automation feature to help in generating documents? If you identify a certain criteria when your users need the mapped document, you could set up an automation to generate the document when that criteria is met and attach it. At that point, any users that can view the attachments would be able to access the generated document.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

Answers

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Claudia_BN,

While it currently not an option for non-licensed users to manually generate documents, have you considered using the automation feature to help in generating documents? If you identify a certain criteria when your users need the mapped document, you could set up an automation to generate the document when that criteria is met and attach it. At that point, any users that can view the attachments would be able to access the generated document.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

• Thanks for your help Monique, We'll try this way!!