Overriding of values in locked columns

Good day!

I see some strange behavior in the Smartsheet I own, and hope someone can tell me how to fix an issue.

I used to have a formula driven input in a column, now I have removed a column formula, changed input to a value, and locked the column, yet it keeps returning to a previous formula-driven value.

When I look at the cell history it states that the value was changed by some random people, which is not possible as they don't have admin rights to the sheet & the column is locked.

Below is the pic of the locked column, and the pic of the cell history, new that I want to keep is marked with yellow highlight. And the old not formula driven date is the other one that keeps returning.

Any ideas what could be going on here?

Thank you!

Nadia

Answers

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did the "Navya" person shown here change something else on that row that would have changed the cell value based on the formula?

If you converted the column formula to cell formula and overwrote the cell with a manual entry of a date, it should hold.

When you double-click on the date cell that you changed, does it show a formula now?