Help with Summary report build using matching dates to sum meeting minutes used.

Good morning!

I am trying to build a meeting report for my team's weekly Work In Progress (WIP) meeting.

I am using a form for team members to fill out how much time they need for our one hour meeting and on which date.

I have a formula that takes any matching [WIP Dates] and sums their [Time needed in minutes]

The Sum of the [Time needed in minutes] Is then subtracted from 60 to show how much remaining time is available for that meeting. Below is a snip of what the data looks like.

What I am trying to do now is create a viewable report that would break down by the dates, then each speaker, their minutes. I'd also like to display the amount of available time to book for those dates.

Is what I am trying to do even possible? Am I gathering the data incorrectly to display it how I would like?

Answers

• Kelly Pratt
    Kelly Pratt ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello! Have you tried creating a report off of this sheet, grouping it by WIP date?

Then you can use the Summarize function to show the total amount of time claimed and time available.

Selecting the columns for meeting minutes, team member, etc will show the lined out information you need.

Let me know if this would work!

• Coen
    Coen ✭✭✭✭

Thank you!!

I will try this out later on and share!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!