Seeking advice on template sets.

Options

I am new to Smartsheet and am hoping to get some advice on which template set would be best.

My biggest concern is meeting the executive's requests.  The executives are looking for a dashboard that shows an overview of the 20-25 projects that we will be running soon. Executives would like the dashboard to include project timeframe, status, milestones and risks. I was looking at "The Project Management Office" template set, and the "Simple Project Portfolio" template set but am just not sure which template would fit the executive's requests best and also be easy enough for new Smartsheet to use for their individual projects.

Any insight would be much appreciated,

Thanks Rachel 

Answers

• edapel
    edapel ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Rachel,

I had the same issue where I tried to please them with a template set. I found one I thought would be good, built out the plan, added a few things to the dashboard and setup the review meeting. They had so many questions and comments about what if this or that.

I stopped the meeting and opened up the templates and asked what they wanted. Walked through about a dozen before they were able to pull out, I like this chart in that dashboard and that report out from another.

I guess where I am going is, go to them and ask for time. Let them know you want to meet their needs but to do so need them to help select what they want.

Also remember, it is not all going to be in one template or dashboard, but we are here on the community to help when you cannot figure out how to add that bar chart, or raid log to the dashboard.

Good luck, wish you all the best on this.

If this comment helped you, please help me and help others by using the buttons below if you found it💡Insightfulor❤️Awesome!

Hope you have a great day!!

Ed

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Rachel_M

I hope you're well and safe!

I think anyone of those templates would work great as a starting point. You can always modify and improve later.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.