Can I get Unique values on a metric sheet without a complicated work around or report?

I have a column with associate names, over 3,000 rows with over 100 unique names. In order to provide dashboards, I need a dynamic list of unique names listed in that column on a sheet I use to build our KPI metrics. Easy in excel or any other dashboarding tool I use, is this now possible in Smartsheet without using the complicated helper column workaround?

There are well over 100 associates, frequent turnover, and I can not ask the business unit to maintain an active roster when they already have to in 3 other systems. Because of the the limitations reports have when using graphs with more complexity than a simple count, I can't use a report. Once I help build the dashboard I will be passing it off to the business unit and not involved with any maintenance or QA, so I would prefer to avoid complicated workarounds if at all possible.

Has this functionality been added through either native column formulas or workflows?

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!