Zoom in/out extremes - need flexibility

The Gantt view goes from extremely small to extremely large, making it impossible to get a proper image to place into my project plan.

I thought there was an option to have more zoom in/out control, but am not seeing it now. The zoom enlarges it by approximately 600%. Is there any way to control this? Or is there work being done to address this UX miss?

Answers

• Hi @Denise D

Can you post a screen capture of what you mean? Are you referring to the browser zoom, print zoom, or the zoom in and out on the Gantt chart itself?

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Zoom in the gantt chart. No, I cannot post a capture of this confidential project.

• Hi @Denise D

Is this happening on every project sheet or just the one sheet?

You should be able to zoom in and out by using the + and - buttons on the timeline view:

This will change the view from being Day/Week, to Week/Month, and Month/Quarter, etc.

If this isn't what you're seeing, can you create a new Project Sheet with test data instead of your live project and point out the UX feature you're describing?

Thank you!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• It appears to be resolved now. There are now 3 levels of zoom, rather than only 2, which were the extreme ends of the spectrum. Thank you for your help with this. It must have been a bug, though I would very much like to see an option to choose the zoom percentage at some point.