Zoom in/out extremes - need flexibility

The Gantt view goes from extremely small to extremely large, making it impossible to get a proper image to place into my project plan.

I thought there was an option to have more zoom in/out control, but am not seeing it now. The zoom enlarges it by approximately 600%. Is there any way to control this? Or is there work being done to address this UX miss?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Denise D

Can you post a screen capture of what you mean? Are you referring to the browser zoom, print zoom, or the zoom in and out on the Gantt chart itself?

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Zoom in the gantt chart. No, I cannot post a capture of this confidential project.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Denise D

Is this happening on every project sheet or just the one sheet?

You should be able to zoom in and out by using the + and - buttons on the timeline view:

This will change the view from being Day/Week, to Week/Month, and Month/Quarter, etc.

If this isn't what you're seeing, can you create a new Project Sheet with test data instead of your live project and point out the UX feature you're describing?

Thank you!

Genevieve

• It appears to be resolved now. There are now 3 levels of zoom, rather than only 2, which were the extreme ends of the spectrum. Thank you for your help with this. It must have been a bug, though I would very much like to see an option to choose the zoom percentage at some point.