Report sharing

tsetto2
tsetto2 ✭✭✭
edited 02/02/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Dear Smartsheet Community,

Is there an estimated release date for report sharing without access to the underlying sheet? I see that this was being worked on in September or October of 2023.

Thanks,

Taylor

Tags:

Answers

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't remember hearing about anything like that, but if you just need to share somebody as viewer access, a workaround is to embed said report onto a dashboard, then share the user to that dashboard as a viewer. They can then access the data without having access to the sheet.

If the user needs to input data for the report, you could set up sheet automations for update requests (or send manual updates).

If you want to give them full access to a report, then Smartsheet has a couple premium apps in Dynamic View and WorkApps that you can share somebody to a report with full access to edit/attachments/comments without accessing the source sheet.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• tsetto2
    tsetto2 ✭✭✭
    edited 02/05/24

Hey Jason,

Thank you for your response, I am going to try WorkApps. I am currently using Dynamic view but I want something that the report users will be more familiar with.

I am fairly sure I saw a comment that Smartsheet was working to allow for report sharing without access to the underlying sheet. I tried to fine the post but I could not.

Thank you!

Taylor