How to import Microsoft Project Schedule into Project Management Office Template Set

Options
T C
T C ✭✭✭✭

Good day everyone,

I am trying to implement the PMO Template Set for my PMO organization. We have been using MS Projects for our schedules for management of our projects. I would like to transition our existing and new projects to smart sheet. Is there a straight forward way to do so with out having to relink and reengineer basically every part of the template set?

Here to learn, willing to help!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @T C

Importing Microsoft Project files will create a new sheet every time (here's more information: Import files to create new sheets)

Once you have your projects imported, you could then use the framework of the PMO Template Set to cell-link or create cross-sheet references, but yes, it will need to be manually done as you won't be creating a copy of the template content.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @T C

Importing Microsoft Project files will create a new sheet every time (here's more information: Import files to create new sheets)

Once you have your projects imported, you could then use the framework of the PMO Template Set to cell-link or create cross-sheet references, but yes, it will need to be manually done as you won't be creating a copy of the template content.

Cheers,

Genevieve