Is there a "list view" on pc?

smartin
smartin ✭✭✭
edited 02/05/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a list view and grid view option when viewing a sheet through the mobile app, and I would like this option from the pc.

...where it lists the primary columns in a sheet and then when a primary column is expanded, it then lists all of the columns in the sheet vertically with a header. Is this possible?

If not, what's the easiest way of displaying sheet info vertically without having to create a static pdf with document builder. The dashboard doesn't seem to be a fit for this easier.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would click on the three vertical dots next to the row number to open the row menu and then select the "Edit" option.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• smartin
    smartin ✭✭✭

thanks, but I wanted it to be available for viewing and printing, not editing

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did you try the Print option near the bottom of that same menu?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• smartin
    smartin ✭✭✭

I don't see a print option? See attached for what I see when I click edit... Am I missing something?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/07/24

It is in the row menu. Instead of clicking Edit, click Print. Look lower on my last screenshot.

There should also be a print option if you click on the dropdown arrow next to Edit in your screenshot.

10xViz.com

• smartin
    smartin ✭✭✭
    edited 02/07/24

Got it, yes this works for printing; thanks. I still do want a live version of my sheet showing all of the primary columns and be able to click list view rather than grid view to look at each primary by expanding it. This is a view option in Mobile, but apparently not on the desktop?? I'm not sure why as it would be helpful.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

All list view does is hide all columns except for the Primary column. You can do this in Grid View in a browser and then use the row menu to open each row as needed.

10xViz.com

• smartin
    smartin ✭✭✭
    edited 02/07/24

My team wants to view the info in vertical format rather than having to scroll side to side. It looks cleaner and is easier to read. I don't believe this is a difficult request since it's in Mobile. My initial question was is list view available on desktop version and the answer apparently is "no".

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't called "List View" but hiding all columns other than the Primary Column and opening each row individually works the same.

While you did ask if it was available on PC, you also asked "If not, what's the easiest way of displaying sheet info vertically without having to create a static pdf with document builder", and that is the answer I provided.

10xViz.com