how to leave the optional rows out, so they don't impact the parent row completion rate

Options

Hi Community,

As displayed in the picture, we don't need any actions of the optional rows for now, but i feel like it impacts the completion rate of the parent row. The formula of the completion rate is embedded in Smartsheet , I don't think I can't change it, show as picture 2. Is there a way to make those optional rows not included in the parent row completion?

Thank you!

Tags:

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Shuai Yao ,

It is not possible to modify the built in (project settings enabled). % complete column. However, you can make a different % Complete column not linked to the project settings and add a custom formula using logical functions to only consider fields that are required. You will need a column that denotes a field being optional and/or required to use in that formula.

👨🏼💻 Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting | Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting and reacting w/ 💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome!

PS - If you have a follow up response tag me @SoS | Dan Palenchar so I get notified of your reply!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!