Data from one smartsheet to another

What is the best way to pull multiple columns of data from one sheet to another? In sheet "A", I have a unique number. When that unique number is keyed into sheet "B", I want to pull the next 20 columns of info associated with that number into sheet "A". I know I can use index/match, but I don't want to have to key a formula for each cell and I can't seem to figure out another way.

Answers

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/07/24

If it were me, I'd probably put in the index match as column formulas in each of the 20 columns. While a lot of set up initially, then it's good to go whenever you key in numbers into sheet "B".

Alternatively, if you have the DataMesh add-on, you can map the columns to match based off of the number you have the in that one column. However, when you set up a DataMesh workflow, it runs on a recurring basis (that you set) and isn't instantaneous like your Index(Match or Index(collect formulas would be.

Hope this helps!:)

• Ric T
    Ric T ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Shawn Church, if not looking to use index/match and column formulas, there's a paid solution that may work for you, but would recommend a trial with your local Smartsheet rep first before committing.

https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace/premium-apps/datamesh