How do you calculate the cumulative total of children rows only

Options
2»

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you make a column with this formula in, so we can see what it is doing?

=SUMIFS([Contract Contingency Released]:[Contract Contingency Released], [Row Number]:[Row Number], @cell <= [Row Number]@row, [PSA Group]:[PSA Group], [PSA Group]@row)

I'd like it to look like this:

Please share a screenshot.

Then do the same with this formula:

=SUMIFS([Contract Contingency Released]:[Contract Contingency Released], [Row Number]:[Row Number], @cell <= [Row Number]@row)

• SO123
    SO123
    edited 02/11/24
    Options
  • SO123
    SO123
    edited 02/11/24
    Options

@KPH I think I figured out how to make the adjustment. I had to change the PSA Group column to Contract Award Column and then use the following formula =IF([Award or Amendment]@row = "Program Award", SUM(CHILDREN()), IF([Award or Amendment]@row = "PSA Award", SUM([Contract Contingency Approved]@row, [Contract Contingency Released]@row), IF([Award or Amendment]@row = "Contract Award", PARENT([Contract Contingency Approved]@row), IF([Award or Amendment]@row = "Contract Amendment", PARENT([Contract Contingency Approved]@row) + SUMIFS([Contract Contingency Released]:[Contract Contingency Released], [Row Number]:[Row Number], @cell <= [Row Number]@row, [Contract Award Group]:[Contract Award Group], [Contract Award Group]@row)))))

It works now. Thank you so much for your help!!!! I really appreciate it!

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Great! I'm glad we got there.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!