Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Export to letter formatted document

Options
Jeremy Lindsey
Jeremy Lindsey ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Has anyone tried building a sheet that would have a presentation level, letter format when exported?

I'm looking to build proposals within Smartsheet, then I could cell link that final/approved fee into my project tracking sheets for cost comparison etc. In Excel you would typically do this via cell merging etc, but that's not a thing with SS.

In the end I'm looking to get more final/live information into my system without having to do extra or duplicate manual entry.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jeremy

Good news is that what you want is there for the using..... 

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/1850128-smartsheet-merge-add-on-for-google-docs#merge

Use data from single Rows in Smartsheet to populate Data fields in your prepared Google template document to create Letter, Quotes, Contracts, anything you want. Doc can also be a PDF and sent (emailed) automatically while being filed back in the Row it started at as an attachment. 

See the above link which will explain all. 

Hope that helps? 

RichardR 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use Google Merge my business proposal workflow.

In addition to what Richard wrote, if you are willing to spend the asking price, DocuSign has a very nice workflow integration with Smartsheet and it isn't just for getting things signed. Some of the other e-sig platforms have something similar but testing late last year did not find anything that was close. Cheaper but less functional, as expected.

DocuSign doesn't work for me because of price and now my account is inactive.

The drawback to both of these is one row per document.

Another option is to link the data from Smartsheet to Excel using either something like Smartsheet's Live Data Connector (https://www.smartsheet.com/apps/smartsheet-odbc) or AppSheet (www.appsheet.com).

With the data connected to your other spreadsheet(s), you can utilize additional functionality not available directly in Smartsheet.

I hope this helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.