Two Forms One Sheet

Angela Cathey
Angela Cathey ✭✭
edited 02/09/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I created one sheet with two forms for two separate workshops; each form works just fine filling in the sheet, except I discovered while testing that when I update the drop-down fields for one form it updates the other form (?)... Is there a way to prevent this but keep the data from each form in the same column?

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The form is a layer on top of your sheet. If you have a dropdown list in your sheet then the options in the list will appear on any form that uses that sheet.

If you want to use two separate dropdown lists, you can make two columns in your sheet and use one in each form. You can then create a third column in your sheet to combine the data from the two columns into one (and hide those two).

In this example, I have two drop down columns, one for form 1 and one for form 2.

Then in my Column to hold both I have a formula that checks if form 1 list is blank, if it is, it brings in the data from form 2 list. If it is not blank it brings in data from form 1 list. This will work for you if the two forms never share a list and is probably what you need. The formula is:

=IF(ISBLANK([Form 1 list]@row), [Form 2 list]@row, [Form 1 list]@row)