How to track training hours across an organization

Options

Hi,

I need suggestions for how to track training hours for all employees. Each employee has a separate training sheet - it's broken out by training section with training items underneath. One of the columns on this sheet is Duration - this is used to track how many hours are needed for that training task. I need to create a master sheet or dashboard where I can see ALL employees and the hours of training they have coming up, so I know how many hours to assign for training vs. work. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do this?

Answers

• Ryan Kramer
    Ryan Kramer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/13/24
    Options

Hi there!

Sure, I can help you track training hours for all employees. To create a master sheet or dashboard, you can follow these steps:

Start by creating a new sheet where you want to consolidate the training hours for all employees.

In this new sheet, set up columns to capture the necessary information about each employee, such as their names, departments, or any other relevant details.

In the first row of your new sheet, specify the headers for each column, making it easy to organize and view the data.

Now, look at each employee's individual training sheet. Identify the relevant columns, such as the employee's name, training section, training items, and duration.

In your master sheet, for each row, enter the employee's name, department, or any other details you want to track.

Then, underneath the employee's information, input the training sections, training items, and corresponding duration from their individual training sheets. You can use separate columns for each training section

Repeat steps 5 and 6 for all employees, entering their information and training details below.

As you update the individual training sheets, make sure to reflect those changes in your master sheet. You can do this periodically or as needed.

By following these steps, you'll have a consolidated master sheet or dashboard that shows all employees and the hours of training they have coming up.

Best regards,

Ryan Kramer

Have you backed up your solution lately? https://www.smartsheetbackups.com/

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @mckelveym3

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored using reports?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• mckelveym3
    Options

Hi @Ryan Kramer - thanks for the advice. Is there a way to connect the duration column from the individuals' sheets to the master sheet so that the information is automatically pre-populated? Or does this need to be done manually?