Is there a way for admins to receive an alert/email when there is less than X licences available?

Hi! I was wondering if there is a way to have an email alert setup and sent to admins (or selected admins). For us, it would help to receive an alert when there are 5 or less licences available remaining, then an other alert when there are only 2 available. I've not been able to find anything on that...

Thank you so much!

Tags:

Answers

• Ryan Kramer
    Ryan Kramer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/13/24

Sure, I can help you with that! To set up email alerts for license availability in Smartsheet, you can follow these steps:

Open the sheet where you track license availability.

Click on the "Automation" button at the top of the page.

Select "Alerts and Actions" from the dropdown menu.

In the Actions tab, click on "Create New Alert or Action".

Choose the condition that triggers the alert by selecting the appropriate column and setting the criteria to "5 or less".

Under "Send Email Alert to", enter the email addresses of the admins who should receive the alert.

Click on "Add Another Condition" and repeat steps 5 and 6 for when there are only 2 licenses available.

Provide a name for the alert and click on the "Save" button.

Once you have set up these alerts, the selected admins will receive an email notification when the license availability reaches the specified thresholds.

Best regards,

Ryan Kramer

Have you backed up your solution lately? https://www.smartsheetbackups.com/

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Josée Rodrigue

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now without using the Smartsheet API, Premium App Bridge, or a 3rd-party service, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Create a sheet where you register the licenses used, and then you could have an alert trigger when needed

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.