Subject: Issue with Dynamic Remaining Time Calculation in Reports Not Updating Automatically Body:

Hi,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance with a challenge I am facing in one of my Smartsheet projects, specifically within a sheet titled "Projects Info" and its connected report.

Problem Description:

In the "Projects Info" sheet, I have implemented a column formula to calculate the remaining time for project submittals. The formula used is as follows:

plaintext

Copy code
Remaining Time = NETDAYS(TODAY(), [Submittal Date]@row) 

This formula calculates the number of net working days from the current date (TODAY()) until the submittal date specified for each project row. While this formula works perfectly within the sheet itself, providing accurate daily updates, I have encountered an issue when viewing this data through a connected report.

Issue:

When I open the report linked to this sheet, the Remaining Time values do not reflect the current date calculations accurately. They seem to be outdated or not recalculated based on the current day. To get the correct, updated values in the report, I find myself needing to first open the "Projects Info" sheet to trigger a refresh of the calculations, which then allows the report to display the correct Remaining Time values upon opening it subsequently.

Attempted Solutions:

• Manually refreshing the "Projects Info" sheet before opening the report (not a viable long-term solution).
  • Checking for any settings within the report or sheet that could be affecting dynamic updates (found none relevant).

Request:

Could you please provide guidance or a solution that would allow the Remaining Time calculations to automatically update within the report, without the need for manual intervention by opening the sheet first? Ideally, I am looking for a way to ensure that every time the report is opened, it reflects the most accurate and up-to-date Remaining Time values based on the current date.

Thank you for your assistance and looking forward to your valuable suggestions on resolving this issue.

Best regards,

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!