Data merge help.

Coen
Coen ✭✭✭✭
edited 02/15/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a report that I pull monthly. This report has quite a bit of information, but the primary data I am hoping to manipulate is SKU numbers and SKU sales per SKU number.

I have created a Data Shuttle as well as a MERGE INPUT SHEET and a MERGE RESULTS SHEET

I attach the excel sheets to the INPUT sheet which then triggers my Data Shuttle.

I create two dummy data sets to test:

MyData Shuttle's Target is set up to Merge Data, Add rows and Update Rows.

Results of both sheets being added to the import sheet.

What I was hoping would happen was:

As I add excel spreadsheets the data shuttle would update any additions to existing data and add new data as needed.

What appears to happen is that it DOES add new data as needed, but DOES NOT add SKU counts for pre-existing data. Instead it simply overwrites the data with the most current.

For example: SKU 98765 should be 1000. Instead it simply wrote the 200 count over the existing 800 count.

Is what I am trying to accomplish possible?

Thank you for any assistance in advance!

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would need to replace all data and set up a copy row automation to a second sheet to copy all rows over to another sheet when the update is made. From there you would set up a third sheet that has SUMIFS with cross sheet references adding up all of the totals from the second sheet on a SKU by SKU basis.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Coen
    Coen ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/15/24

Thanks, Paul! I'll start working on this and see if I can make it happen :)

Is this scalable? My example above is a tiny data set in comparison to the 1000+ rows of data we'll be taking in with the SKU numbers.