Why are entire projects being removed from the sheet when someone deletes their comment on a proof?

This has happened twice in the last 3 weeks. An entire project has been deleted from the sheet it was on and both times the only thing the reviewer did was delete their comment inside the proof.

Answers

• Hi @LBundschuh

This is definitely unexpected behaviour; deleting or removing a comment on a proof should not delete either the row or the proof itself.

I haven't been able to reproduce what you're describing yet. If this happens again, please contact Support with screen captures of the Activity Log in the sheet, the sheet URL, and the steps taken before the data was removed.

I understand this may be hard to capture, but if you can get a screen recording of your process and show data disappearing with the date/timestamp and sheet ID that would be the best information.

Thank you!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Genevieve -

I agree that deleting or removing a comment from a proof should not delete the entire project from the sheet.

I also tried to see if I could re-create the issue and I have not been able to. I am almost wondering if I need to make a backup of all my projects sheets at the end of every day. This last project we lost contained 8 versions of the proof and all the important information that was made on each version.

Here is one sheet's URL. This is the last sheet I had the problem on.

(60) Marketing Materials Final Review - Smartsheet.com

I am also attaching a word document that contains screen captures of the activity of the project when is was deleted/removed. The log clearly shows "Rows Deleted (1)". I talked with the reviewer, she said she removed a few comments, but she did not remove all her comments or delete the project.

Thank you,

Lara

• Hi @LBundschuh

Support has not received any other reports of this yet, and I'm still unable to replicate what you're describing. I see the deletion in the Activity log, normally this would indicate that a user actively deleted the row. Has this happened again for you?

If it has, please do contact Support directly in a private channel!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now