Label in chart widget

Eenmeier
Eenmeier ✭✭
edited 02/19/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I am using a basic report displaying a column labeled Install Tier. That column property is dropdown with 3 options (1-3). The report is grouped and summarized as below. The problem is that when I create a chart widget I cannot figure out how to label the series as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. What do I need to alter in my report to make this happen? It seems so simple to be able to name the series as you wish but that is not a feature in this widget. Appreciate your help in advance :)

Best Answer

• MariaCurtis
    MariaCurtis ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi! I tried to recreate this scenario as best as I could! Hope this helps.

I think the first thing you want to do is make sure you update your dropdown values in the sheet where they are selected to spell out "Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3" if that's what you want the labels to be, as you can't re-label in the dashboard (although that's a great idea!)

Then, group your report by Install Tier, just as you've done.

When creating your dashboard widget, I would select the entire report (All Columns) rather than selecting just the one column. I am seeing the data labels when I do it this way.

Hope this works for you!

Answers

• MariaCurtis
    MariaCurtis ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi! I tried to recreate this scenario as best as I could! Hope this helps.

I think the first thing you want to do is make sure you update your dropdown values in the sheet where they are selected to spell out "Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3" if that's what you want the labels to be, as you can't re-label in the dashboard (although that's a great idea!)

Then, group your report by Install Tier, just as you've done.

When creating your dashboard widget, I would select the entire report (All Columns) rather than selecting just the one column. I am seeing the data labels when I do it this way.

Hope this works for you!

• Thank you! This worked.