List of projects to be screened + new sheets for approved projects

Hi,

I have the following use case, that I find hard to create in Smartsheet.

We are a real estate developer. We are screening a huge volume of locations per various criteria - this we would like to have in sheet no. 1 (each row is a separate location (all have unique IDs for which specific parameters are input and a final decision whether to progress with a further project development at a specific location is made). If in the last column a given locations gets a greenlight to proceed I would like to automatically create a dedicated sheet for that specific location with a predefined list of tasks to be completed. Such newly created sheet should have somewhere the reference number from sheet no 1. Once multiple number of locations are selected throught the process and multiple level 2 sheets are generated I would like to be able to keep track of the progress at each location specifically by having a reference to unique ID.

Please kindly advise how it is possible to achieve such functionality.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You cannot automatically create a new sheet*. You can create a template and then use that to manually create each new sheet.

You could use the reference number as the sheet name. You can create reports that include all your sheets, and can click on any sheet name in a report to view the individual sheets.

Or you could add the reference number as a cell link somewhere in the sheet (this could be a formula so the reference number is in every row on the sheet). Then you can use reports or formulas to track each sheet in one master.

* Although there may be APIs or premium apps, like Control Center, that could do this for you.