Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

API issue with Add Columns - documentation update

Options

When using the Add Columns API endpoint, the documentation does not indicate that the hidden attribute is required. However, when using the API, I received "missing attribute" errors until I added "hidden":false to the column object. Please update the documentation to indicate that hidden is required. (or adjust the API to not require it)

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

1 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• KevinFansler
    Options

Investigating with the team that owns Columns. I am surprised that is a required element, but I'll follow up with them and adjust the docs and/or file a bug with them depending on the outcome of my research. Thanks for pointing it out!

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Options

I was surprised too heh. Banged my head for a while, then I just tried adding the “optional” attributes one at a time until it worked with hidden defined.

Id guess it’s a bug. I didn’t experiment with the Update Columns endpoint but that probably should also be checked out for the same issue.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• KevinFansler
    Options

Hi Brian, we're not seeing the same behavior on our end. Can you send along your request payload so we can perhaps get at this issue from another angle?

• KevinFansler
    Options

Or if you prefer not to post the payload here, you can send to devrel@smartsheet.com and reference this thread? Thanks.