Columns unhidden on their own

Deborah Kramer
edited 02/19/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, I've had a certain sheet active since October 2023, but in the last month, certain columns that I normally have hidden have been becoming unhidden, seemingly on their own. I re-hide them, then the next time I go in, they're unhidden again. Here are some entries on the activity log - none of these people have licenses and none of them are admins. They say they have not done any hiding/unhiding, nor would they even know how.

I just noticed that 3 of them are showing the same change for "Karayan, Nicole" at different times of day and by different users. Why is that? And what does "request snapshot" mean?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Those users are the ones unhiding the columns. They may not be doing it intentionally, but they are the ones doing it.

The "Karayan, Nicole" reference is simply showing the text in the Primary Column of the row that was changed based on the "Cells Changed" indicator above it.

"Request Snapshot" is a feature that allows you to request an excel version of the sheet at the time of the change.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• So, those users are not licensed and not admins. How would they even be able to unhide columns, intentionally or unintentionally?

It doesn't make sense that 3 users at 3 times during the day would make the same change to Karayan, Nicole's record.