Submitting names to a Smartsheet column

Options

Hello everyone. I need some helps with name additions. At my company we are going through a major hiring phase and my reporting lead and myself are getting asked repeatedly if we can add names to a column in one of our Smartsheets. Is there a way I can create a sign up sheet per say where only the supervisors can add the names they need in that column and it gets automatically moved there when they submit? Not in the row, but in the column so my reporting lead and I do not have to consistently stop what we're doing this to perform this task. I appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks.

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Johnathan Blaze,

We may need some clarification to your request, please.

How do you currently add the names?

Are you going into the "Edit Column Properties..." and then adding the person's name in a 'dropdown' list?

If so, then, to my knowledge, the answer to your question is 'no, a form will not update column properties.'

If I have misunderstood your request, please help us with some (redacted) screenshots of what you are looking to achieve.

Hope this helps and that you have a great day,

Jason Albrecht MBA, MBus(AppFin), DipFinMgt

LinkedIn profile - Open to work

• Johnathan Blaze
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you, you answered my question. Yes, it would be to add names in the drop down list via a form.