Email addresses for sheet attachments?

Is there a way to attach a document at the sheet level, via email? In other words, I want to send an email with a document, and have it automatically attach to a specific sheet.

Answers

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it is possible,

Just use the attach option in the first column or right click on the row and select Attachments. Either operation will bring up the attachments panel on the right hand side. Drag and drop your email and save.

You can also use the specific email service integration (Outlook/Gmail)

Outlook

https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace/apps/smartsheet-for-outlook

Create or edit Smartsheet rows, all without leaving Outlook

Gmail

https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace/apps/gmail

Get more done without leaving Gmail.

Also - Kindly ensure

Ensure incoming email is enabled Account Settings > Personal Settings > Incoming Email and

Smartsheet has a unique email address that you can use to send attachments directly to the sheet. To find this email address:

Open the sheet you want to attach documents to.

Click on the dropdown arrow next to the sheet name.

Select "Email Sheet."

Once you have the email address for the sheet,

Compose Email and send across,

Few points to double check:

The subject line of the email will become the primary column value for the new row.

The body of the email will be attached as a comment to the new row.

If the sheet has required columns, Smartsheet will prompt you via email to provide values for those columns.

Make sure that the email address you're sending from is listed as a licensed user or has needed permissions to access the sheet in Smartsheet

Hope this helps

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader

• KFall
    KFall ✭✭

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

if I can bother you for one more question…I do not see a drop-down arrow next to the sheet name in smartsheet (to find the sheets unique email address). Can you provide more info? Thank you so much!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @KFall

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, the above information is incorrect. Smartsheet sheets don't have unique email addresses you can use to email them. I think Humashankar used chatGPT or similar, and it got confused.

Workaround

• Smartsheet API
    • Premium App, Smartsheet Bridge
    • 3rd-party integration like Zapier can be used to email to Smartsheet

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.