How to automatically include project names in automated update requests and forms

Hi,

I have several projects that follow the same breakdown structure, when Smartsheet sends automated update requests, users are receiving these notifications don't know which specific project the request is referring to.

I noticed that the project name is not an automatically included in all update requests for different projects. Is there a way to ensure that the project name appears not only on the email but in the update form so the user knows exactly which project they are updating.

I tried doing this manually on specific projects sheets and the automations, but it does not work or I get an error. The goal is to find a solution and get a global update to all projects and have each request and form state the project each user is updating.

Best Answer

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @LuRam

You can add a column to your Project Plans with the name Project Name and add it as a formula ="Name of Project" and make that a column formula. The value will get updated to all rows which have data. Once done, you can include this field in your update requests. Since it is a column formula, the value will show in the update request form as a non-editable field.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @LuRam

You can add a column to your Project Plans with the name Project Name and add it as a formula ="Name of Project" and make that a column formula. The value will get updated to all rows which have data. Once done, you can include this field in your update requests. Since it is a column formula, the value will show in the update request form as a non-editable field.

Thanks,

• LuRam
    LuRam
    edited 09/25/24
  • AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @LuRam

You will need to add it to the list of fields being sent. If you want the email subject to include the Project Name, you will need to enter it in the subject/body in double curly brackets as shown below

Thanks,