Multiple Attachments

How can I create workflows to send certain attachments to different people. I currently have two different attachments on my sheet, one is based off an automation that says when an attachment is added to send to a certain group. The other one is an autofill generated document that will notify another team that a shipping label is ready, and the document is there for them to pull. So that creates an issue of the generated document going to the wrong person because it is an attachment. Does anyone know of a solution?

Best Answer

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mkoelling

By making over the automation rules, 

you can specify conditions that check for certain keywords, file names, or metadata associated with the attachments. 

For Instance, Try making out one rule that triggers when an attachment contains the phrase 'shipping label' and another rule that triggers when an attachment contains specific keywords related to the first group

This way certain attachments to different group as per your use case

The second point is - the autofill generated document notifying another team that a shipping label is ready 

Try to have a consistent file naming convention for the autofill generated documents. 

By adding keywords or identifiers in the file name that specify the content, such as "shipping label" or a unique identifier for the team it's intended for - which will solve and after that if you correct the automation rules - which will help to cover the problem is something i trust

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader

Answers

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mkoelling

By making over the automation rules, 

you can specify conditions that check for certain keywords, file names, or metadata associated with the attachments. 

For Instance, Try making out one rule that triggers when an attachment contains the phrase 'shipping label' and another rule that triggers when an attachment contains specific keywords related to the first group

This way certain attachments to different group as per your use case

The second point is - the autofill generated document notifying another team that a shipping label is ready 

Try to have a consistent file naming convention for the autofill generated documents. 

By adding keywords or identifiers in the file name that specify the content, such as "shipping label" or a unique identifier for the team it's intended for - which will solve and after that if you correct the automation rules - which will help to cover the problem is something i trust

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader

• Mkoelling
    Mkoelling ✭✭✭

This is great advise, we are trying this this week.