Automation - Email when not checked on specific row

Hello Smarties! I need your help and ideas. I am trying to do some automations if a specific row is not checked after a specific date. I don't want it to interrogate the entire column, even if I need to create a new column, is there a way to do this?

Best Answer

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Michele R.

The condition highlighted in my previous comment is looking at rows that have the approval column not checked. Emails will only be sent with those rows of data where the column is unchecked. If you want repeated emails to go until the box is checked, I suggest you create another workflow which will start sending emails daily post the due date instead of every day from 7 days before.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/27/24

Hi @Michele R.

There are a couple of ways in which you can get this set up. One is through automation workflows alone and you will need to create 12 workflows, one for each month. Your trigger is when a date is reached and you can select "1 day after" next to Run on and select the date field for January due, February due, etc. Then add the condition of January Approval being unchecked and the action as alert. The other will be to create a column for missed due dates using formulas and using that column as a trigger the workflow

Thanks,

• Thank you @AravindGP,

As you can see, many rows have the check box, however I just want to see if that one row is checked with the January Due Date. Will I need a unique column with ONE checkbox perhaps?

I also forgot to mention I want to start running this 7 days before the due date until checked, is this possible?

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Michele R.

I understand you've multiple checkboxes per row. The automation set up with look for January Approval being unchecked and the date to send the workflow. You could also have one common trigger but multiple actions based on the conditions. I have given screenshots for both options. And in both cases, the alert happens 7 days before the due date.

Running based on January Date (you will 12 workflows - one for each month)

Run every day, but only send emails when the conditions are met (One workflow for all months). You will need to add 12 condition paths.

Thanks,

• Thank you @AravindGP. If any box in the January Approval column is checked, would it satisfy the argument?

I am writing the argument to find outliers where we have not received approval ~20 rows of approvals, some will be checked, some will not be checked. I need argument to run if even one is not checked by one week before due date until it gets checked (infinity).

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Michele R.

The condition highlighted in my previous comment is looking at rows that have the approval column not checked. Emails will only be sent with those rows of data where the column is unchecked. If you want repeated emails to go until the box is checked, I suggest you create another workflow which will start sending emails daily post the due date instead of every day from 7 days before.

Thanks,

• Thank you @AravindGP for talking that through! This is very helpful and I believe gets me to where I am trying to go. One more follow-up if you know, if I blanked out check boxes in all rows but one, would the query still "see" each row as having a check box and expect a check?

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Michele R.

Each time the workflow is triggered, it will run for all rows and check which ones match the conditions specified (i.e. check box is not checked). Then depending on the recipient, it will send a consolidated list of all items that meet the condition in your workflow. If by the time no rows are checked, the workflow will run to see if there's any row meeting the condition, and when it finds none, it won't initiate the action (i.e., sending of the alert email).

Thanks,