Barcode Check-In / Check-Out

I am looking for the ability to have my team check-out equipment at the beginning of each shift and check it back in at then end of the shift using barcodes. The process I envision is to scan the employee's badge and scan the equipment barcode to check the item out, then upon check in, again scan the employee's badge and equipment barcode so the item can be checked in.

I just found an old post about using the Inventory Management and Barcode Inventory Management templates, but wondering if anyone has made a process like this successful?

Thanks,

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Tad Jordan

I hope you're well and safe!

I recently developed a client solution with a structure in Smartsheet for each manufacturing step and then pasted those codes into a Google Sheet to create the QR codes for print.

It can surely be adapted to suit your needs, and you only need to scan one code.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.