Copying/Moving rows

Hello

I am hoping someone may be able to help me.

In this example I have two sheets (sheet A and B). On sheet B I have parent rows with child actions which vary depending on which team is using the document.

If someone inputs data into sheet A under a particular team, is there a way to set up an automation to copy the child rows from Sheet B into Sheet A?

I understand how to copy from a sheet to another sheet but how do I reverse this from a sheet to the current sheet where the change has occurred?

Huge thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give or an alternative solution to this problem.

Answers

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @lauren.green

To automate the copying of child rows you are go to make over this with Workflows or you can also try using Smartsheet's API combined with a custom script or integration which is a bti complex than the Workflows

So real quick will brief on the basic steps:

You can playaround to accomplish and am sure you can, since it is super easy.

-> "Automation" tab in Smartsheet and click on "Create Workflow.

Set the trigger for when the workflow should be triggered

-> The workflow to be triggered when data is input into Sheet A. 

You can opt from options such as 'When a row is added or updated'

or 'When a specific cell changes'

-> In this case, you want to copy the child rows from Sheet B to Sheet A use the "Copy row(s)" action and configure

-> Also set conditions to filter which child rows are copied based on specific criteria if needed

-> Once you've configured the workflow, save it and activate it to start the automation process

Kindly mark this as solved use case if incase it is all aligned - which will also help other pursures on this topic !!

Hope this helps - Happy to help further !!

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader