I need help with a formula not copying data properly

Christina T.
edited 02/29/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a main Smartsheet where various funding sources are added and tracked. Once a project is complete it moves off that sheet to a completed sheet. I wanted to track one of these funding sources projects through all of the steps including completion. However, the data that is copied over, in the beginning, is starting at the wrong step. It is copying over the completed step. When I go back to the source report the data is all correct for the current project step. However, in the tracking report, it is not. I can't determine how to fix this.

Answers

• Ric T
    Ric T ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Christina T.

From my understanding you have 2 sheets, a [Funding Source Sheet] and a [Completed Sheet]. Entries from the [Funding Source Sheet] are transferred to the [Completed Sheet] sheet when a project is flagged "complete" in the [Funding Source Sheet].

May I clarify if your question is: When project details are changed in the [Completed Sheet], why is it not automatically linked to the [Funding Source Sheet], and vice versa? It sounds like you are using the Copy Row automation. If you are, note that your project details will be replaced with static values in the destination sheet, in this case your [Completed Sheet]. If you want to have cross-sheet links that reflect the same values, you could use Index/Match formulas to achieve that (useful post here), requiring a unique identifier to pool the information from your source to destination sheet.

Let me know if I misunderstood your question, it'll be helpful if you could provide screenshots (redact any sensitive materials).

Cheers,

Ric