Form data not loading into sheet correctly

Options
K.Nixon
K.Nixon
edited 02/29/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have created a timesheet and form to go with it. I have several people using the form as a test pilot. Whenever one particular person enters the required information into the form, it loads into the spreadsheet as something else. For example, this person entered today's date (2/29/24) and the amount of straight time hours as 6 for one job and 2 for another job into the form. When it populated the cells of the sheet, it showed a date of 2/12/24 and 8 hours for each job. It only happens with this one particular person. He's sent me screenshots of what he has entered into the form before hitting the submit button and I've watched it come through on my end as something completely different. I've even resent him the form but it still happens. The other 2 people using the form don't have this issue.

Tags:

Answers

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    edited 02/29/24
    Options

I run into this a lot. It's probably their browsers autofill. if they are auto-filling their name, it will autofill previously entered responses as well.

• K.Nixon
    Options

This particular person enters time for about 10 other people and I have the Name field as a drop down list so he's not able to really do autofill.

• Samuel Mueller
    edited 02/29/24
    Options

Ask him if he is clicking the autofill that pops up in any case for any reason on the form, because if he does, the autofill will replace previous values. I am not suggesting he use the autofill feature.

Also double check there are not any odd change a cell automations that is causing and issue.

• K.Nixon
    Options

I confirmed that he is not using autofill. He is clicking the dropdown and selecting the name. When entering the hours, he is using the arrow keys to enter the number. He is using a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet to do this. Here is a screenshot of the form. The only automation is when the Called Off flag is checked, it will insert 0 into the ST Hrs, OT Hrs, and DT Hrs cells. Picture is below as well.

• Samuel Mueller
    Options

The autofill is the only answer I know of. There is no reason the data entered into the form at submission wouldn't match the data in the sheet.

If he is not doing autofill, and the data is actually changing, you should probably submit a help desk ticket.

Sorry I was unable to help. If you mark my responses as this does not answer your question, this will go back to the unanswered section in the community, and maybe someone else might know of something.

• K.Nixon
    Options

Thanks for trying, much appreciated!