Report Summarization Question

I have a report that I am summarizing by due date, and there are some tasks that are grouping tasks that have the same due date separately. I think it has something to do with the duration, as the tasks that are using an exception for the duration are grouped together.

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/01/24

I can't help but assume it is in fact because of the Duration column. It's the e that you're using for Elapsed Time.

Has something to do with the time of day that's associated with the date even though it's not visible.

Flat duration equates to one time of day.

Elapsed duration equates to another time of day.

.5 Elapsed duration equates to yet another time of day.

Additionally, another difference is that Elapsed time is not a measurement of network days while regular durations are a measurement of network days.

To test my theory, create a test column and call it "Time" or anything else you might like.

Use the following formula as a column formula: =TIME([Due Date]@row)

Let me know if the times align with the grouping...

To take it a step further... Increase the decimal on the Elapsed time. Each .1 increase results in a 2 hour and 24 minute increase in the Time field. Each different .1, .2, .3 etc.. (decimal point you have listed) will result in another grouping on your report.

And that's why I think it's using time (invisibly) along with the visible date..

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/01/24