Incorrect Argument

Hello,

I am working on a training log for our company. I am trying to get the status color to turn green if training is completed, yellow if it is due in the future, and red if it is incomplete. I keep getting an incorrect argument.

I had it working correctly when I was just doing red and green, but I really need that go between to show it is not yet out of compliance.

=IF(NOT(ISBLANK([Date Completed]@row)), "Green", IF([Due Date]@row) > TODAY(), "Yellow", "Red")

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Best Answer

• SteyJ
    SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/01/24 Answer ✓

Hi @CHefner try this:

=IF([Date Completed]@row <> "", "Green", IF([Due Date]@row > TODAY(), "Yellow", "Red"))

In smartsheet the NOT EQUAL TO operator is <>, so the fastest way to check for NOT ISBLANK is to check using the <> with ""

The rest of the formula you had is almost correct, but the parentheses are in the incorrect places.

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey

Answers

• SteyJ
    SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/01/24 Answer ✓

Hi @CHefner try this:

=IF([Date Completed]@row <> "", "Green", IF([Due Date]@row > TODAY(), "Yellow", "Red"))

In smartsheet the NOT EQUAL TO operator is <>, so the fastest way to check for NOT ISBLANK is to check using the <> with ""

The rest of the formula you had is almost correct, but the parentheses are in the incorrect places.

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey

• CHefner
    CHefner ✭✭

That worked perfectly! Thank you.