Duplicate Rows Created in Portfolio List using Control Center

Options

I am trying to set up a new blueprint in the Control Center. I'd like to use my Portfolio List sheet to serve as both the Intake sheet and the Summary sheet (using status to differentiate projects lines). However, when I provision a new project that is marked as Approved in my Portfolio List, Control Center is creating a second row in the Portfolio list with data I'm trying to feedback from the project plan.

Specifically, when a new project is requested, I'm looking for data like project name, description, etc. That is being fed into the project plan. From the project plan back to my portfolio list, I'm feeding data like current health, current progress, etc.

I did set up the Control Center to feed only certain fields from the Portfolio List to the project plan (i.e. project name, description, etc.) and to feed only certain fields from the project plan back to the Portfolio List (i.e. current health, current progress, etc.).

I'm not sure why it's creating a new row in my Portfolio List with only data from the project plan back to the Portfolio list (the new row only shows things like current health, current progress, etc.). The correct (original) row is also being updated with the project plan data.

Thoughts?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @axwestlake

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• axwestlake
    Options

This has been addressed by SmartSheet support. It is intended that a duplicate row be created. The resolution is to separate the Intake sheet from the Portfolio list (which will now only show approved projects). I'm not crazy about the solution but it's working.