Dashboard Not Updating

Hello. I've inherited a Smartsheet Workplace that has a robust set of sheets and one dashboard. My question today deals with the dashboard not updating some of the widgets. To start, one widget in particular shows a basic line chart that pulls from a single sheet. The source sheet initially only had data (columns) for months in 2023. When I inherited the workspace I then had to manually add in 12 columns for the months in 2024. The data from 2024 has not been pulling into the dashboard widget, even though it has selected to pull from All Columns.

Can anyone help with this?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @SLKennedy

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée. Thanks for the response. I've already gotten help on this. Apparently the source sheet has to be manually updated by highlighting the specific rows of information that will be referenced in the dashboard. I wasn't aware that I had to manually continue to add in the next month's data to be included in the dashboard.

Are you aware of a way to automate this process?