Copy of Original "Master" sheet

Hi there!

Relatively new user here!! I have an active "master" sheet that I am taking over for a coworker who has moved on to a new role and I've made a copy of it to use as a sandbox while I continue to learn this software and wanted to know - If I publish my copy to test the additions I've made BEFORE adding to the master, will my copy "override" the master or cause any issues with the it otherwise?

Best Answer

• Will Jeffords
    Will Jeffords Overachievers
    Answer ✓

If your copy is a "save as new..." sheet that you have separate from the original, then you should not have any override issues related to the original asset. Let me know if you need to do a show-and-tell or if there are other specifics about your question on copies!

Happy sandboxing and experimenting!

Answers

• Will Jeffords
    Will Jeffords Overachievers
    Answer ✓

If your copy is a "save as new..." sheet that you have separate from the original, then you should not have any override issues related to the original asset. Let me know if you need to do a show-and-tell or if there are other specifics about your question on copies!

Happy sandboxing and experimenting!

• CCatAz
    CCatAz ✭✭

Hello Will! Thank you so much for responding. Yes, it IS a "save as new" copy and while I thought exactly what you said may be true, I had to ask to be sure I wouldn't make a mess of the beautiful work done by my predecessor. I appreciate your offer for show and tell and I may reach out to you in the future as I become more familiar (and bold)! Thank goodness for this community :) Take care!