Calendar View (do not show child lines)

Hi, I have a Grid view which contains both parent lines and child lines. However, in the Calendar view I only want it to show select Parent Lines. I tried to lock the specific lines I want and filter from there but it is including all the child lines under the selected parent line still. I see there is an easy way to eliminate the parent lines in the Calendar view but I actually want to do the opposite- a high level overview of the parent line tasks only and eliminate the child lines from the Calendar view. Is there a way to do this?

Also, is there a way to remove Saturday and Sunday from the Calendar View? I see from past discussions in the community that this has been an ask for a few years but did not see what the resolution was for it.

Thanks!

Answers

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Allyson Sullivan - Have you tried using any filters? I like to create a hidden column called "Level" with a formula =count(ancestors()). If the result is ZERO that's a parent, and you could filter on that.

Hope that's helpful!

• Hi @Scott Peters, good tip, thanks! I created a simple helper column and didn't even need to use the formula given the number of parent lines I wanted to select- I just put a number 1 in each of the rows I wanted it to pull. Though I also noted that I needed to turn off the Summary View in the Calendar settings so as not to pull the other parent lines in the hierarchy that I did not select in the helper column. Also the filter carries over to Grid view when you go back to it, so if you want to see the full view in Grid but the select view in Calendar you'll need to turn the filter on/off each time accordingly.

Any news on removing Saturday and Sunday from Calendar view? Seems like a sought-after update.

Thanks again!