Can a Calendar within the Smartsheet Calendar App be shared with non-Smartsheet users?

Options
jasmine.pena
jasmine.pena ✭✭✭✭
edited 03/07/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

Can a Calendar within the Smartsheet Calendar App be shared with non-Smartsheet users?

Answers

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The data underlying the Calendar app is in a sheet, and we can share calendars from sheets using iCal link:

Click that button, publish the calendar, and then use your calendar app to load in the calendar using the link. And yes, anyone with the link can load that calendar.

• jasmine.pena
    jasmine.pena ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@James Keuning thank you for your response, however, I am inquiring about the Smartsheet Calendar and not the calendar view within a sheet. Do you know of a way this Smartshet Calendar can be shared live versus a downloaded static version?

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, I don't. If I had to guess, I speculate that you cannot do it because the Calendar app adds a filtering layer that cannot be applied to the published calendar. By way of example: I have a sheet that has calendar items for three people. In order to publish ical links for each of them, we shuttle their data into a sheet for each person, and then each person gets their ical from the sheet.

• jasmine.pena
    jasmine.pena ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@James Keuning: Thank you for following up. :)