Dashboard Graph Widget - Color in Series keeps changing

Hello,

Wondering if people are experiencing this as well because it's super frustrating. I create a set of templates along with Dashboard that contains graphs. The series color on the graph is defined and set. However it continually changes, especially with recent updates by SS.

Example - if I have a graph for project status - I make "On Hold" RED. I've now noticed that all the dashboard now shows BLUE for "On-Hold". No one is manually changing the colors. They keep changing. It's so frustrating because I'm having to manually change it back where ever I catch it.

It's this chart series where the colors just randomly changes.

Answers

• Hi @Christine Cao

Are your charts based off of a Report with Grouping and Summary?

When a chart uses a row-based grouping and summary report, and only one column is selected under Columns Included in the chart widget, you can't save custom color configuration for the charted series.

Here's more information: Using Chart Widgets

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Christine Cao
    Christine Cao ✭✭✭
    edited 04/04/24

@Genevieve P. Hi, here's what's used and set up currently. If you know of a trick to get these colors defined and stay the same each time, please let me know.

I currently use the default "All Columns" in the Columns Included section so that it shows the Status description (In Progress, Completed, On-hold etc..) in the legend. I noticed if I select just "Status" column versus "All columns", there's no description showing.

Series and colors defined.

This is what's available to define when I select "STATUS" in Columns Included section versus using "All Columns". It's all showing "Unnamed" which is not helpful.

This is my current Widget and how it should show. Only problem is the columns randomly changes all the time

REPORT used for the chart widget

• Hi @Christine Cao

Thank you for this information! I checked in with our Support team and they confirmed that other customers reported the same thing with charts they had started to create on March 6th. Based on these reports they were able to investigate and apply a fix as of this week.

Moving forward your chart should retain the custom colours! Can you verify if you've seen any colour changes this week?

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• @Genevieve P.

Thank you for the update. I had opened up a support ticket on this but they didn't inform me it was a a known "issue". I appreciate this community for the info. Thought perhaps I was just not aware of a setting. I will check and monitor if things change. Unfortunately that change happened in early March across about 160+ project dashboards so I would need to go into each one to change things back to the original colors that I set and then monitor if it changes again. Give me a couple of weeks to monitor and report back to you. Thank you

Christine