Is there a way to share a report with an outside vendor without having to share the source data shee

ECorona
ECorona ✭✭
edited 03/08/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I would like to share a report with outside vendors but I do not want them to have access to the source data that is feeding the report. Is there a way to do this?

Best Answer

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Rather than sharing the report with them, publish the report using this icon

Select the level of access you are comfortable with (as they are outside vendors you will probably need to allow access to anyone who has the link). Then give them the published link. They will see the report only. They won't even know there is a sheet and they won't be able to edit anything.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ECorona

I hope you're well and safe!

Should they be able to edit it?

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps
    • I recently developed a (what I call), Dynamic View Light. It's quite advanced, but in short, it's using cross-sheet formulas and INDEX/MATCH and a specific structure and method so it's only possible to show data that should be available.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• ECorona
    ECorona ✭✭

@Andrée Starå Thanks for the information. I do not want them to edit anything, purely a view of projects that each vendor is working on. I will try the INDEX/MATCH formula and see if I can come up with something. I am novice at best here, so learning as I go. Thanks again.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ECorona

Happy to help!

Then, you could share a published view with each vendor.

Would that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Rather than sharing the report with them, publish the report using this icon

Select the level of access you are comfortable with (as they are outside vendors you will probably need to allow access to anyone who has the link). Then give them the published link. They will see the report only. They won't even know there is a sheet and they won't be able to edit anything.

• ECorona
    ECorona ✭✭

@KPH This is it! Thanks for the information.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not a problem. Thanks for the feedback.