Directing rows from Intake sheet to individual Budget worksheets

Options
PeggyLang
PeggyLang ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 03/13/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

I have a dilemma. We have a form that external partners complete. One form, all data goes into one worksheet 'CO Log'. I'm looking to (hoping to) create some sort of automation that will take each new row of data and copy into the corresponding budget worksheet. Is there a way whereby an automation (perhaps is needs to be a power automate instead of a Smartsheet automation) can isolate store # from 'CO Log' and evaluate then select the corresponding Budget worksheet to copy data to?

Has anyone encountered something like this and developed a solution?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @PeggyLang,

If you're interested, I can assist you in designing your solution. However, I would need admin access to a copy of your sheets, after you've removed any sensitive information.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• PeggyLang
    PeggyLang ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Bassam Khalil

Can you give some details regarding your solution?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HI @PeggyLang,

It can be achieved by utilizing the combination of helper columns and automation. This approach moves the row based on the criteria specified in the helper column, which serves as a guide for determining the destination of the move.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• PeggyLang
    PeggyLang ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But how would you direct the ‘copy’ to a very specific worksheet of perhaps 20-25 different worksheets?