Restricting Calendar dates based on the day of the week.

Options

Hi There

I have to create a booking form where a guest can select a day of the week, and then select the date that they want to book for.

My current form allows me to pick a Wednesday, and the calendar drop down allows me to pick a date from a calendar, but does not validate that it against the day of the week. Is there anyway of doing this. (For info: No bookings are taken on a Monday and Tuesday).

In Smartsheet the 'day' column is set as a text/number restricted list and the 'date' column as 'date'. Could the latter be the issue?

Thanking you in advance.

Warmest Regards

Dickson

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @DicksonK

There currently isn't a way of restricting Date fields to only show or allow specific dates to be selected (such as only Wednesdays). Please add your vote to this Product Idea: Date Logic in Form

In the meantime you could set up a formula in the underlying sheet to check the submission after it has come in. Then if the Day and the Date selected don't match, you could send the original submitter an Update Request noting that the date is incorrect.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @DicksonK

There currently isn't a way of restricting Date fields to only show or allow specific dates to be selected (such as only Wednesdays). Please add your vote to this Product Idea: Date Logic in Form

In the meantime you could set up a formula in the underlying sheet to check the submission after it has come in. Then if the Day and the Date selected don't match, you could send the original submitter an Update Request noting that the date is incorrect.

Cheers,

Genevieve