How are you packaging design/native files in your Brandfolder?

Options

My team is just starting its Brandfolder journey. In addition to having final, consumable assets uploaded for users, we also want to house all of our creative projects' design/native files, packaging them together in Brandfolder so that the next time we need to update anything, the files are all together.

I'd love to hear from others how they're using Brandfolder to house all of their design files (fonts, links, etc), making sure they remain tied together (versus detached/disassociated assets). Also, what is your process for getting them into your Brandfolder? Are you using/able to use the Smartsheet integration to quickly upload the packaged files? Trying not to have to zipfile the assets altogether, but perhaps that's the best way to go about this?

Wanted to hear from others before we pick a direction to go with our process.

Answers

• Alison Clancy
    Alison Clancy Employee Admin
    Options

@Sara_Cook @Angie Badgett Seeing if you have any pearls of wisdom to share with Kristen as the Brandfolder experts in the Overachievers? Thank you!

• Sara_Cook
    Sara_Cook Overachievers
    Options

Hi Kristen - I don't put native files in Brandfolder, so unfortunately I don't have any advice for you on the best way to handle it. We only put final assets in Brandfolder and keep everything else in other file storage. I would wonder how different types of files packaged together (font, images, INDD file) would work in the same Section since Sections are siloed by file type. Would be interested to hear others' solutions!

• Kristen Christman
    Options

@Sara_Cook Thank you for your response! I'm trying to figure out the best way to keep all components packaged together, especially because we have different designers (internal and external) picking up recurring design projects YOY. We currently centralize the location of packaged files on our Sharepoint site, but external users can't quickly access and sort through to find what they need.

I just did a test, uploading a zipfile of all assets for a print job to an existing asset in our Brandfolder, and it didn't flinch, uploading the zipfile w/o issue...not sure if this is a sustainable option, so we'll keep thinking and I'll see if anyone else chimes in on my original question 😀

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Kristen Christman,

Excited for you and your team to be starting your Brandfolder journey! The Advanced Adobe Integration allows for easily uploading assets from within your Adobe app. This can include uploading your file packages and work-in-progress files. The package will upload as a single zip file, and the work-in-progress files can be uploaded as well. Both sets of files can be downloaded and versioned once work has been completed locally.

Alternatively, you can upload the unzipped package files to Brandfolder and merge those assets into a single asset where it can be easily located and your designers can easily iterate on the content within Adobe. This link includes an example of an INDD package which was unzipped and uploaded to Brandfolder and includes the .indd, .idml, and exported PDF in one container with the linked imagery and fonts. 

The Advanced Adobe Integration allows visibility into the version history of any linked files so you can be confident your designers are choosing the right versions in final exports of documents, images.

If you have any questions, please just let me know!