Countifs to Find Duplicates

I am trying to find if there are multiple requests for a bucket truck within a single day. I am getting an incorrect argument set when I try this formula, but I cannot figure out what is wrong with it.

=COUNTIFS([Date Resource(s) Needed]:[Date Resource(s) Needed], [Date Resource(s) Needed]@row, [Bucket Type]@row, "55' Knuckle Boom")

The formula work when they are separate, but not when they are together.

=COUNTIFS([Date Resource(s) Needed]:[Date Resource(s) Needed], [Date Resource(s) Needed]@row)

=COUNTIFS([Bucket Type]@row, "55' Knuckle Boom")

There are multiple requests per day for various items, but I only want to count the bucket requests so I can do an IF formula to flag when duplicates are found.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Jade Boring
    Jade Boring ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That worked! It counted all of the requests for that day even if it wasn't a bucket request, so this was the final version (with a checkbox column)

=IF(AND(COUNTIFS([Date Resource(s) Needed]:[Date Resource(s) Needed], [Date Resource(s) Needed]@row, [Bucket Type]:[Bucket Type], "55' Knuckle Boom") = 2, [Bucket Type]@row = "55' Knuckle Boom"), 1, 0)

Thank you!

Answers

• Adam Murphy
    Adam Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try this:

=COUNTIFS([Date Resource(s) Needed]:[Date Resource(s) Needed], [Date Resource(s) Needed]@row, [Bucket Type]:[Bucket Type], "55' Knuckle Boom")

• Jade Boring
    Jade Boring ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That worked! It counted all of the requests for that day even if it wasn't a bucket request, so this was the final version (with a checkbox column)

=IF(AND(COUNTIFS([Date Resource(s) Needed]:[Date Resource(s) Needed], [Date Resource(s) Needed]@row, [Bucket Type]:[Bucket Type], "55' Knuckle Boom") = 2, [Bucket Type]@row = "55' Knuckle Boom"), 1, 0)

Thank you!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!