Generating a Quotation based on Sheet information

Options
DicksonK
DicksonK ✭✭
edited 03/15/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to read this query. I want to use the "Generate Documents" function in order to create a quote based on information that populates my sheet using "Forms". Fortunately, I have about only 10 items they can choose from.

But, how do I create the mappings for only the items they select and not having all the items on the template with "0" against the items they did not to select? That is I only want to display the selected items which have a quantity against them, and leave out all "0" quantity items.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/15/24 Answer ✓
    Options

To do exactly as you're describing sounds impossible, apart from making 10 different document build templates, 1 for each quantity possible. If I'm following correctly though, on your document builder, you could have a large, single field and populate it with the field formulated as below:

The JOIN(COLLECT()) would bring all of your selected values together, then the CHAR(10) is a line break to space them out. Then you map "Primary Column" to the single field and you're good to go, no matter how many items are selected. You can even get more complicated and work in quantities to multiply by costs, to get a cost/line item... if that's the route your going.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

Answers

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/15/24 Answer ✓
    Options

To do exactly as you're describing sounds impossible, apart from making 10 different document build templates, 1 for each quantity possible. If I'm following correctly though, on your document builder, you could have a large, single field and populate it with the field formulated as below:

The JOIN(COLLECT()) would bring all of your selected values together, then the CHAR(10) is a line break to space them out. Then you map "Primary Column" to the single field and you're good to go, no matter how many items are selected. You can even get more complicated and work in quantities to multiply by costs, to get a cost/line item... if that's the route your going.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• DicksonK
    Options

Hi Jason

Thank you for this. I think that I may need to go the route of generating different documents as I would need to work in the quantities and cost per item selected.

Warmest Regards